Mental Capacity Act & DOLS
(Mental Capacity Act & Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards)
This course deals specifically with the mental capacity act and depravation of liberties, which is most relevant to Nursing and Healthcare workers and providers.
Assisting with compliance of the Care Certificate theory training requirements developed jointly by Skills for Care, Health Education England and Skills for Health, meeting with regulatory and inspecting body training requirements.
– Current legislation
– Policy and procedures
– The assessment procedure
– What is meant by ‘Best Interests’
– What protection is available for decision makers
– Understand the limits of restraint issues
– Understand the roles of various people involved
– Understand the Depravation of Liberty Safeguards
– Understand the function of the Court of Protection
Who we provide this training for:
– New and experienced Nursing and Healthcare Staff
– Large National Care Provider Groups
– Recruitment and Domiciliary Care Agencies
– Private Hospitals, Hospices and Disability Charities
– Residential Care, Respite Care, Dementia Care and Nursing Homes
For further information on course content then please contact us!